POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verifies and keeps records in JobBoss for outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipping.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Obtains shipping labels from computer and affixes shipping labels on packed cartons.
- Assembles containers or selects pre-assembled containers, insert items into containers using spacers, fillers or protective padding.
- Tapes containers closed and place on a pallet.
- Binds containers to pallet with shrink wrap and metal strapping, using a strapping machine, enter total counts of shipping into JobBoss, and emails information to shipping clerk or purchasing manager.
- Does visual checks, remove chips as required from parts, deburr parts as required, hand pack individual in-process parts, or scoop parts into box that is on a table scale into proper containers.
- Prints labels from software, adheres labels to containers and places container onto finished goods shelving and the count into finished goods inventory in JobBoss.
- Keeps area clean and orderly, wash parts to be packed, checks area for what needs to be brought to wash/pack area for cleaning and packing.
- Maintains inventory of packing supplies and informs proper personnel when to reorder supplies.
- Follows all safety procedures for the area, does end of shift housekeeping, sweep floor, clean area, put packing supplies away.
- Receiving deliveries of raw material, comparing identifying information against Bills of Lading (BOLs) or other shipment documentation; signs delivery slips/documentation when agrees with shipment
- Ordering all boxes for shipping of product
- Ordering cardboard flats for the Washpack department
- High school or GED Graduate
- Self-motivated and works well with others
- Good attendance record
Specific machine knowledge gained through on the job training by a trainer and/or specific machine training course.